- Bournemouth welcomed Liverpool in the early kick-off on Saturday afternoon
- Salah put the Reds ahead when he bounced on a rebound from a Firmino shot
- He added a second after half time, before Steve Cook put through his own net
- The Egyptian completed his hat-trick with a brilliant individual effort
- Bournemouth XI: Begovic, Daniels, Ake, Cook, Francis, Fraser, Lerma, Surman, Stanislas, Brooks, King
- Liverpool XI: Alisson, Milner, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Salah, Firmino, Shaqiri.
- REPORT: Salah’s hat-trick sends Jurgen Klopp’s side to the top of the table
He’s not bad, that Mohamed Salah. Whether it’s running down the wing, as the song goes, or simply doing laps of Asmir Begovic for his hat-trick, he really is half decent.
That it was ever in doubt feels a little silly now. Everyone did it, and that was actually reasonably fair for once – his standard at the start of the campaign was just not quite what it was.
And yet here we are in December and he is looking like very much like the star on the tree and has been for a couple of months now. It’s nine in his past 10 starts since October 20, if you count all the competitions. And 12 for the season, 10 in the league, if you broaden it out.
To Read RIATH AL-SAMARRAI’S full report click here.
The Cherries have lost dour of their last six against Liverpool in the Premier League, but did pull off a memorable comeback win against the Reds in 2016.
Jurgen Klopp’s men can go top of the table with a win on the south coast.
You can follow all the action with Sportsmail right here.
If you are viewing on the app, please click here.