Two duplexes, one in N.D.G. and the other in Rosemont, were damaged by fire overnight from Saturday to Sunday.
Two families are homeless after a fire broke out on Addington St., south of Upper Lachine Rd. Firefighters arrived at 2:28 a.m. and extinguished the blaze by 3:12 a.m.
The duplex is uninhabitable and the Red Cross has provided shelter for the residents, said Benoît Martel, chief of operations for the western region with the Montreal fire department.
One person was taken to a hospital for minor injuries.
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined, Martel said.
Around 1:30 a.m., an unattended candle started a fire in a bedroom in the second-floor apartment of a duplex on de Lorimier Ave., near Jean-Talon St.
Martel said the fire caused more than $100,000 in damage but the residents were able to return because the destruction was confined to one part of the building. No one was injured, he said.